Tuesday 14 May 2013

The "Cant Cope" Music Video & My Selfish Ways



Why I Rarely Release New Music!!
Am guilty of keeping new musical material to myself, I have loads of new un released music seating on laptop just waiting to drop, when? I honestly I don’t know. I release new music when my gut says I should. For instance I really never had plans to release the single “can’t cope” anytime soon because after releasing my first single “Warrior” I had a different taste of the industry in my mouth, a taste I needed time to wash out. But as  fate would have it, I got into a partnership with ROW Records and that partnership needed a product to announce it. So when dropped the single “Can’t cope” .And it did fairly well if I may say. This is not to complain just to share with you my thoughts and thinking pattern..i like to keep all the new music to myself..but then comes in management with deadlines(that I fight) and the need to make business sense of the partnership..So releasing new music isn’t a causal thing anymore it’s a mandate.
The Video!!
I kept the video of “can’t cope” since December last year 2012 when it was shot, just waiting for that inner voice to say  “it’s time to drop that shit”.Lucky the team gives my ’’freewill’’ legroom and this ‘’freewill’’ spoke to me and set 4th May 2013 has the ideal date to release the video.
The Team!!
I got a chance to once again work with one of Africa’s best kept secret Mr. Roland Gulyetonda of LL Pictures. One of the most talented video directors coming out of the +256 and believe it not this is just his second music video..So let’s imagine where and what he will be doing on his tenth music video..
Ofcos my O.Nation and ROW Record family whom without any of this would have been possible. We are no longer business partners we are family.
And Now Ladies And Gentlemen…I Present the OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO TO THE SINGLE “CAN’T COPE” Featuring CrisisMusik
                                                                  [WATCH]





No comments:

Post a Comment